Thoracic FAST (TFAST®) exams are an extremely useful diagnostic technique for quickly evaluating critical patients. Unfortunately, many practices struggle to employ this potentially life-saving diagnostic procedure because they do not have the necessary equipment (ultrasound) or do not feel adequately trained to perform the TFAST® exam. With the right tools and teaching, however, any practice can implement this goal-directed ultrasound scan.
In this on-demand webinar presented by Gregory Lisciandro, DVM, Dipl. ABVP, Dipl. ACVECC and Stephanie Lisciandro, DVM, Dipl. ACVIM (Small Animal Internal Medicine), attendees will learn when and how to use TFAST® exams to support a high level of patient care. Featuring veterinary case studies and a discussion of common clinical uses, this webinar will equip attendees with the practical knowledge needed to begin integrating this diagnostic tool into their practice.
Key Learning Objectives Include:
- Understanding the protocol for the standardized TFAST® exam and how to use it
- Using TFAST® for detecting pleural effusion, pericardial effusion, and pneumothorax as well as basic cardiac assessment
- Understanding how to accurately identify pericardial and pleural effusion using TFAST®
- Identifying causes of pericardial effusion using case examples
- Recognizing the advantages of using TFAST® in conjunction with traditional diagnostic evaluation
- Integrating Global FAST® (AFAST®, TFAST®, Vet BLUE®) to improve patient care in your practice
- Evaluating ultrasound equipment and finding the right platform for your needs.
Fill out the form below to instantly access the on-demand webinar: